Change Your Mind. Change Your Life!
1. Chase started his message with admitting that he was angry. Being honest about how you are really doing is an important first step. Take a deep breath-inhale-exhale. Pause for a moment and consider how you are really doing. If you are comfortable, share how you are really doing with your group.
2. There are stages to fatigue. If we are not careful-if we aren’t mindful of how are souls are really doing, we risk more than just being tired-we risk become weary. Explain what you think the difference between being tired and weary. When have you been more than tired? Share a season when you have been weary.sz
3. What steps have you taken in the past to renew your mind? What steps have been successful for you? What steps have you taken that you thought were going to be successful in helping you renew your mind-but ultimately did not help at all?
4. Chase walked us a scenario to help us practice being mindful. Here are the three steps he outlined in his message:
Pause-Take a moment. Stop. Refrain from taking immediate action or making an immediate decision.
Ask-What do I believe about this situation/relationship/person/God?
Decide-How are we going to live this out?
Think of a recent situation where you have found yourself. Take that situation and work through the three steps listed above. It is good to practice this over and over-renewing your mind over and over. Share your example with the group.
5. When you find yourself getting weary, what would it look like to renew your mind? Make a plan to take time this week to put practices in place to renew your mind.
Watch this video and learn simple ways to practice being mindful this week.