Share Your Table
What’s your favorite…online shopping, shopping in a store, or making homemade gifts?
What is the most meaningful gift you have received that was not homemade?
Chase gave us a recipe for gathering around a table like Jesus did. He gave us 3 steps we can take to do that!
Step 1-How big is your table?
“Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” Acts 2:46-47
- Think of a time when someone has an extended an invitation to you to sit at their table. What impact did that invitation have on your life?
- How are you building margin in your week so that you can add more chairs to your table?
Step 2-What are you serving?
“5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly. 7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.” 8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord,“Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:5-10
- When have you been extended grace from someone else? What about love? Or forgiveness? What was is like for you to be served those gifts?
- How are you building margin in your week so that you can extend the gifts of love, grace, and forgiveness to someone else?
Step 3-Who is helping you set the table?
- Serving is better-so we serve. Praying is better- so we pray. Living generously is better-so be generous. Who are the people in your life that are helping you set the table of Christ-like living?
- How are you building margin in your week so that you can spend time with the family that helps you live a life like Christ?