Starting over is harder
1. For many of us, around the age of 10, we learned how to do something for the very first time. Think back to when you were 10. What is something you learned to do for the first time?
2. There is a tug of war between our perspective and the truth of God’s promises. Our present day realities have a lot to do with that. The battle can cause us to grow weary.
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
What are practices that you use to help you from growing weary?
3. Doing something for the first time-learning something for the first time-like we talked about in #1 was hard. Maybe it was riding a bike or a skateboard or snowboarding-playing the piano-or another instrument. There is no doubt the first time we try something can be hard. But Toby walked us through how doing something again can be even harder. Forgiving again, believing again, loving again, trying again…those can be difficult chapters of our stories. We have all found ourselves in those moments. What is something you did/or are doing to keep God’s promises your focus?
4. Toby taught through the story of Jericho. We celebrate Day 7 when the walls fell-but what about the end of the day on Day 6? How do you find encouragement and strength to push through the Day 6 moments of your life? Share a practice that has worked for you.
5. God does his best work in the again moments of our lives. Those are rarely easy moments but those are moments that God builds something powerful in each of us. When we look back on our story, we all have a Day 7 moment-when His promise was fulfilled. Take a minute and recall a time you know God delivered on promise to you. Share that with the group.
6. We are going to spend the next several weeks talking about the Again moments of our lives. What is an “Again” situation that God is calling you to? He is calling you to forgive again, love again, try again, believe again? If you are comfortable, share it with your group. Pray together for each of the Again situations that were shared. Commit to pray as a group for the next month over these situations. If you are not comfortable sharing, write it down on a note.
Download the 40 I Ams to hear what God says about you. PIck 5 verses that you need to focus on.