1. We are taking a little time to reflect on some of the goals we set early this year. From time to time, it is good to look back on where we started and remind ourselves of why we started so that we can continue to make progress toward our goals. Share a goal you committed to at the beginning of the year and give an update on how your progress is going towards that goal.
2. Take some time to think about the following questions and then share with your group.
What are some ways you have received hope in the name of Jesus?
What are some ways you have given hope in the name of Jesus?
3. At Cross Timbers, we make it simple for people to receive hope and give hope in the name of Jesus. Simple doesn’t always been easy. But we do want to make it simple for you to share the hope of Jesus with others. What Cross Timbers resources have you shared with someone else? What resources do you plan on sharing with other in the future?
(CT@Home Host, Podcasts, Serve Team, Cross Timbers Difference Makers Group, Spotify Channel, Groups, Hope Center, Care Coaches, Church Online, Argyle Campus Invite, CT Kids, CT Students, Healing Place)
4. As believers, we are called to make a difference in the lives of people around us. What are a few ways you have used your GPS (gifts, passions, and story) to be a difference maker so far this year?
5. Everybody’s starting point is not the same. And wherever you start, we all have a next step. We all have a next step to take as we continue on our faith journey. Think about where you are right now and consider what your next step is going to be. Share with the group what your next step will be.
6. Toby challenged us to take our heritage of faith and to make it the focal point of the next year of your life. He encouraged us to invest in somebody who’s not in the same place on the journey as you are. Pray about who that person(s) could be. Commit to pray for that person. Write their name down and commit to grow in relationship with that person over the next year.
We weren’t made to do life alone. If you want to experience God in community with others and give hope to your community, join or host a CT@Home community.
If you’d like to grow in your faith and take more steps on your spiritual journey, we have so many resources for you in our Difference Makers U video series. You’ll find everything from “how to read the bible” to “how to encourage others.” Get started today!