A Fresh Start
Message Summary: We all need a fresh start. Sometimes what we are missing is because we have not asked our loving God to help us in our struggles. With this new year, what if you took the time to write down your needs and your desires?
What if you asked God: God, will you make __________ happen for me this year?
Excuses are a big barrier to success in your goals and aspirations. Three excuses we often use are:
- “I don’t have what it takes” – You aren’t going to accomplish this, God will. We can not do anything apart from God! And scripture reminds us that with God all things are possible. Rely on His strength, His power, His anointing.
- “I have failed in the past” – Are you a victim or a victor? Confess your mistakes and move on. Shine light on your weaknesses and mistakes, which allows you to put them behind you, and move forward.
- “There are factors I can’t control” – There are always factors we can’t control. Live your life for God in the middle of your uncontrollable circumstances. What we can control is our attitude, our responses, and our trust in God. Let go and Let God! Just Go for it in whatever He has placed in your heart to accomplish. You have the ultimate God on your side rooting for you. With God’s help everything is possible – You got this!
We all need a fresh start.
- What is an area in your life where you have needed a fresh start?
- What area of your life can you change from victim to victor?
- What do you need to write down and ask God for help in this new year?
- What areas have you faltered in your trust in God? Where do you need to let go and let God?
- What are some areas where you can confess your mistakes and shine light on them, helping you to leave them behind you.
Zechariah 10:6 –“I’ll put muscle in the people of Judah; I’ll save the people of Joseph. I know their pain and will make them good as new. They’ll get a fresh start, as if nothing had ever happened. And why? Because I am their very own God, I’ll do what needs to be done for them.
Hosea 14:4-9 – I will make a fresh start with Israel. He’ll burst into bloom like a crocus in the spring. He’ll put down deep oak tree roots, he’ll become a forest of oaks! He’ll become splendid—like a giant sequoia, his fragrance like a grove of cedars!
Matthew 7:7-11 – Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened…
Judges 6:15-16 – Pardon me, my lord, Gideon replied, but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family. The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.”
Isaiah 43:18-19 – Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
Proverbs 28:13 – Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
James 5:16 – Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Proverbs 24:10 – If you falter in a time of trouble, how small is your strength!
Ecclesiastes 11:4 – Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.