Are you struggling with anxiety, depression, or just need some help navigating difficult circumstances in life? The Healing Place is here for you. We are a ministry of Cross Timbers Church that offers prayer, hope, help and healing. This is an environment for you to feel fully known and fully loved without judgement or shame. Our care coaches and pastors provide mental health resources and Biblical counseling to equip you to as you walk through life’s challenges.
Make a free online counseling appointment with one of our care coaches or pastors.
Please note: Brian Hackney is currently scheduling privately. Please email The Healing Place or call (940) 240-0029 to schedule an appointment with him.
What is a Care Coach?
Care Coaches are highly trained mature members of Cross Timbers who are called and gifted to help others. Each Care Coach is assigned a Healing Place Staff Pastor for oversight, direction and resources. Care Coaches draw on their own relationship with God, life experiences and personal study.
For more information about mental health resources offered at The Healing Place, please contact us or give us a call (940)-240-0029.
Meet the Team
Pastor & Director of the Healing Place
Healing Place Pastor
Healing Place Pastor
Ores (Spoony) Johnson
Healing Place Pastor
Healing Place Administrator
What's Happening this Month
Walking in community is healing! You are not alone. Get involved and experience transformation together.
Mental Health Resources
Check out The Healing Place Podcast!
Support Groups & Classes
- Adult Grief Group: Come find companions who are making the journey from grief to healing. Those who mourn will discover hope and community as part of this bereavement support group.
- Divorce Care: This weekly class will help you face challenges and move toward rebuilding your life after a divorce or separation.
- Family Grace Group: Learn practical tools and gain understanding to walk alongside a loved one in their mental health journey.
- Mending the Soul: Learn to build safe relationships and listen to your heart in this support group for women affected by abuse.
- Pre-Marital Counseling: Get your relationship started on the right foot and learn the tools needed for a healthy marriage.
- Stay Married for Life: Learn the 9 necessary principles to enrich your marriage
- Veterans Support Group: This group is for veterans and their families. It will be a safe place to find connection, resources, and support to deal with post-deployment adjustments. This group meets Wednesday evenings at 6pm in Argyle. They also host a monthly social gathering on the third Sunday of the month between services in room 203.
Online Support Groups
- People of the Second Chance
- Better Help
- Child Mind Institute
- National Institute of Mental Health Brochures
- American Psychological Association
- Center for Clinical Interventions
- Answers to Your Questions About Panic Disorder
- Panic Stations: Coping with Panic Attacks
- Daily Promise
- Father’s Love Letter
- Freedom in Christ
Fill out The Healing Place Information Form for more information on all ongoing Groups & Classes
- Keep Your Love On by Danny Silk
- For Men Only, For Women Only by Shaunti & Jeff Feldhahn
- How to Talk so Kids Will Listen & Listen so Kids will Talk by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
- How to Talk so Teens Will Listen & Listen so Teens will Talk by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
- The Connected Child by K. Purvis, D. Cross, W. Lyons Sunshine
- Grieving the Child I Never Knew by Kathe Wunnenberg
- Boundaries by Henry Cloud & John Townsend
- Changes That Heal by Henry Cloud
- Safe People by Henry Cloud & John Townsend
- Torn Asunder by Dave Carder
- Coping with Depression by Siang-Yang Tan & John Ortberg Jr.
- Wild at Heart by John Eldrege
- Captivating by John & Stasi Eldrege
- Fathered by God John Eldrege
- Experiencing Grief by H. Norman Wright
- Marriage on The Rock by Jimmy Evans
- The Smart Stepfamily by Ron Deal
We are often asked for referrals to professional counselors. Selecting a counselor is a very personal decision. Click the link to download a list of professional counselors in our area that we have worked with from time to time. This list is neither comprehensive nor an endorsement. Check with your insurance provider for in-network providers.