Are we alone in our struggles?
1. The guys talk about how much they love steaks cooked over an open fire. What is your best “over the fire” recipe?
2. In the movie, The Dawn Wall, a major theme of the story was how the climbers made it to the top together. It is a perfect picture of God’s design of relationship and community. What is something you have accomplished or experienced that was made much sweeter by the presence of someone that really mattered to you?
3. Some of us may have the tendency, to hold on to things….in a negative way. Toby talks about the importance of releasing the negatives so that we can move on-move forward. What are steps you take to release the negative so that you have space for the positive?
4. “Before Jesus left this earth, he spoke the following words to his disciples, “And behold, I am always with you, to the end of the age” Matthew 28:20.
Think of a time when you found yourself in a really dark season–maybe you are experiencing that season now. Read Matthew 28:20-how does the truth of this passage shed new light on that difficult season?
5. (From last week)
We all have some lies we believe. Our past and our present situations can keep us from believing the truth about whom God says we are and the truth about whom God says He is. It is up to us to make the decision to not believe the lies. Sometimes, we have to make that decision every day-all day. What are some things you do when you find yourself believing old lies?
6. Last week, Toby talked about the importance of accountability in his life. He mentioned having friends, counselors, and his wife to help him not fall back into bad ways of operating. Who are the people you have surrounded yourself with or could surround yourself with to help you reject the lies and replace them with the truth?
Hear what God has to say about who you are. Download and print the 40 I ams and keep them in a place where you can refer to them often.