Can anything good come out of something bad?
1. Do you love to camp? Do you love to hike? Why or why not?
2. Have you seen the movie Dawn Wall? After listening to Chase and Toby’s conversation, do you think you will watch it?
3. Describe the level of resilience you see in the generation ahead of you.
4. Describe the level of resilience you see in the generation behind you.
5. Do you think resiliency is something that can be learned? Explain.
6. We all have seasons in our lives where our level of resilience grows. Share a time that you were in a season that you may find yourself in now where your resiliency level has increased.
7. Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 4:8-10…
“We are hard-pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.”
- Paul’s words remind us to have a mindset, a way we look at problems in life, that is different than how the world says we should see them.
- What situation are you asking God to give you a mindset like Paul’s -to keep pressing forward?
8. Recall a time when you faced hard times -where you faced resistance-“in the middle of crap” like Toby talked about. What is the opportunity God revealed to you in that season?