WEEKLY DISCUSSION GUIDE
May 1, 2022 | Jay Utley | Show me your friends, and I’ll show you your future
Icebreaker: Have your members look up the following verse in different translations and talk about what it’s saying to them.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.
Take a few minutes to have everyone list their closest friends without overthinking or
overanalyzing (exclude your family).
Talking points for those willing to share:
- How many were they able to list?
- You are the average of your 5 closest friends. Looking at your list, do you believe you’re
in the circle you should be in?
- Do you want to become like those in your circle?
Verses discussed today:
The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray.
A friend loves at all times. A brother is born for a time of adversity.
Social Media needs to be a supplement not a replacement. Where are you in this? Do you have a list of people you know you can call if you need something, or have you replaced friendship with social media?
- Do you feel connected at Cross Timbers?
- What have you done to get connected?
- What could you do more to get back to the basics of making friends to get more connected at CT?