Does my life have purpose?
- When you were a little kid, what did you think you would be when you grew up? Share that with your group!
- God has placed you in this time and in this place for a specific purpose. It may be hard to remember that from time to time, you can rest assured that God has positioned you for a time such as this for a reason. We may not always feel comfortable sharing what we think God has called us to. If you are comfortable, share what you think God has called you to do in your life.
- Toby reminded us that our vocation is our ministry. We can sometimes think that only those “called to ministry” are serving God’s calling. This misconception can keep us from fulfilling His call on our lives. Why do you think we tend to dismiss our gifts and passions given to us by God as a way for Him to use us in Kingdom impact? How have you disqualified yourself from being used by God?
- God rarely fulfills our calling the way we think He is going to do it. We can tend to have an idea of how God is going to work through us, and many times, it really isn’t how we think it is going to go. You see, God’s ways are better than our ways. And even when things don’t go the way we think they should go, God’s way is always better. When have you thought your way was better than God’s way? How did He show you His way was better as that story played out?
- God shows us the next step. God can see the whole picture-He sees it all! His vision for our life is bigger than we can really grasp. Have you seen glimpses of this truth in your life? If you are comfortable, share those God-sized visions with the group.
- Toby challenged us to marry God’s calling in our life and date the strategy. His vision for our life doesn’t change but the strategy may change in different seasons. Is there a time in your life where you know the strategy to God’s calling has changed for your life? Share with the group.
- We can find practical wisdom in the Book of Proverbs. For the next month, commit to reading one chapter of Proverbs a day with your family. It’s ok if you miss a day, just don’t miss two. See how the wisdom of Solomen can impact your everyday life. The vision that God has for your life is something to pursue again and again. Let the reading of the Book of Proverbs be a place where you find wisdom regarding God’s vision for your life.
Watch this video about finding purpose