Grow Part 2
Message Summary: The seeds that you sow will grow. What seeds are being planted in your heart, and what effect are they having on you?
- Lie: We are capable of taking in tons of information and content without it having an effect on us.
- Truth: Guarding our heart is our greatest battle.
- Reality: Maybe our shame/discontent come from the seeds that are being sown in our hearts.
The effects of the seeds sown in our hearts don’t show up overnight, but it is a process. We can’t simply tell ourselves truths about who we are to God once and expect it to have a profound impact. We have to plant all the time.
Finally, we can’t sow what we don’t know. Sowing within must come before we sow in others.
Good seeds of truth:
- You are loved by God
- God cares for you
- God is with you
- You are not alone
- You are enough
- You are beautiful
- God likes you
1. What are some ways that you have seen negative seeds being sown in your life? What effect have these had?
2. Can you think of a time when you had good seeds sown, and saw positive results in your life or in relationships?
3. Which of the good seeds that Josiah mentioned at the end of the sermon are the hardest for you to believe?
4. What are some ways that you can consistently sow good seeds within your heart?
Proverbs 4:23 NIV – Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
Psalm 1: 1-3 NIV – Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.