1. What is the funniest Mother’s Day gift you have given? If you are a mom, what’s the funniest Mother’s Day gift you have received?
2. What is the most meaningful Mother’s Day gift you have given? If you are a mom, what’s the most meaningful Mother’s Day gift you have received?
3. Toby’s message focused on receiving the gift of “new eyes to see and new ears to hear”. He was specifically sharing this about mothers but this could be a gift for each one of us. God sees our potential and possibility in the Kingdom. What is an area in your life that you could use new eyes and ears to see your potential in the Kingdom?
4. In our culture, we hear the statement, “you are enough”. But the truth is, we aren’t enough….not without Jesus. God is pulling for us and counter to what culture says, God is for us! Use three words to describe yourself when you see yourself the way God sees you?
5. Toby talked about the “woulda, coulda, shoulda voice”….do you hear that voice in your ear? We can be certain that the negative voice ringing in our ears is not God. Victory in Jesus means we are disciplined to see us how He sees us and hear what He says about us. Often times, God speaks His most powerful words in a whisper. Think about the nearness it takes to hear a whisper. That’s what God wants. He wants us to know that He is close enough to us that we can hear His whisper. What are 2 things you can do this week to help you listen for His whisper?
6. No matter how silly it seems, look into a mirror this week and pick one of the 40 I Ams that you are having the hardest time believing.
Look into the mirror and say:
“I am who God says I am.”
Repeat the 40 I Ams statement from God’s Word about who you are.
Over time, you will hear and see yourself as God sees you.