Where can we find meaningful connection?
1. Do you believe you can have true friendships in ways other than in person? Why or why not?
2. Share a time when you have been able to pray for someone virtually-in the moment…and what did that do to your heart.
3. How has the pandemic changed the way you look at life online? What are some of the pros in your opinion?
What are some of the cons in your opinion?
What do you think you could do to reshape one of the cons you shared to a pro?
4. When you look at the unconventional ways we do church at Cross Timbers (Online, The Healing Place, The Hope Center) what are you the most excited to share with the people in your circle?
5. Doug Fields, a leading Youth Pastor in America once said, “every child has the potential to be a prodigal. Give them something to come home to.” That is a powerful statement that speaks to a place in all of our hearts. When you look at the world today, what does coming home look like to you? How is it different than 20 years ago? How is it the same?
6. Jamie shared the following verse from the Message…
“Even though I am free of the demands and expectations of everyone, I have voluntarily become a servant to any and all in order to reach a wide range of people: religious, nonreligious, meticulous moralists, loose-living immoralists, the defeated, the demoralized—whoever. I didn’t take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ—but I entered their world and tried to experience things from their point of view. I’ve become just about every sort of servant there is in my attempts to lead those I meet into a God-saved life. I did all this because of the Message. I didn’t just want to talk about it; I wanted to be in on it!” 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 The Message
She talked about going where the people are…reaching people where they are. Meeting people where they are is the unconventional way Jesus loved and ministered to people. It is how we will reach folks that may not want to attend church in a building. People are searching for home-and you sharing your story online or by reaching out to someone may be the unconventional way Jesus uses you in their faith journey!
Here are a few unconventional ways for you to share the message of Jesus this week!
– Find somewhere to share your story this week.
– Post a 60 second video of your story online.
– Share the Cross Timbers social sites with a friend.
– Invite someone to join you for online church.
– Invite someone to serve with you at the Hope Center.
– Check out the list of classes and groups that are offered at the Healing Place.
– Share your story.