How Do I Rest?
1. What are you most looking forward to this weekend…rest/family/or both?
2. Josiah talked about a season where he was incredibly busy. Jobs, responsibilities, family, friends-all the things consumed his schedule. He also shared that a bit of pride was involved.
- How do you feel when you schedule is busy?
- How do you feel when your schedule is wide open?
- What impact does the pace of your schedule have on your self-esteem?
- What impact does the pace of your schedule have on your family?
- What impact does the pace of your schedule have on your level of rest?
3. Learning how to rest seems counter to what it means to be a GREAT American! We can fall into the trap of finding our worth in our busyness. What safeguards do you have in place to help keep you from burning out? Who do you have in your life to help remind you of the importance of rest?
4. In order to be able to love God and love people, we are required to rest. We cannot do what we are called to do without a consistent rhythm of rest. On a scale of 1-10, one being the most healthy, how would you rate your level of rest? How would the people who love you most rate your level of rest?
5. Chase talked about loving our brothers and sisters and how our the status of our relationships correlate to our relationship with God. He shared 1 John 4:20 with us. How does the truth of this verse resonate with you?
6. Being totally honest, do you feel connected to God? Do you feel connected to your family? Do you feel connected to the people you call your closest friends? Explain.
7. This holiday weekend, let’s pause.
Let’s give God a chance to work in our hearts so that we can be all He has called us to be to the people that mean the most to us. Let’s ask, “What opportunities do I have to reconnect to the people that mean the most to me?”
8. How can you love your family well today? How can you love the people that mean the most to you well today? What can you do to serve someone else today?
“The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,” Psalm 23:1-2
“Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.”
1 John 4:20